It’s Christmastime and everyone’s abuzz in Blogland. There’s a distinct air of joyful stress. Or is it stressful joy? Either way, needles are flying, cookies are baking, hair is being torn out at the root. In the spirit of the season, here is my Christmas To Do list. Turns out I like making lists!
1. Adhere to marriage pact – avoid purchasing gift for Jon.
2. Adhere to friends and immediate family pact – avoid purchasing gift for friends and immediate family.
3. Purchase gifts for in-laws.
4. Make pact with in-laws for next year and all others.
5. Recall past years when decorations were still up in April.
6. Finish following calculation: 4 Cats + 1 Christmas Tree = ?
7. Take another look at Dot’s Santa.
8. Joyfully avoid decorating for the holidays.
9. Think wistfully about how nice it would be to knit gifts from the heart for loved ones.
10. Selfishly decide what to make for myself with All That Yarn.
11. Pat self on back for getting everyone on board for this year’s Christmas plans – ditching the whole fa-la-la thing altogether and heading to Foxwoods.
12. Think about what to have for Christmas dinner at the buffet.
13. Work on having Scroogey children so I never have to return to Christmas Stressland.